How do I activate the Akismet plugin?
You can activate Akismet in your blog’s WordPress dashboard by following these steps.
- First, get the Akismet plugin by going to Plugins → Add New:
- Type in Akismet in the search box and click Search Plugins
- Usually the first search result is right. Make sure the plugin’s author is Automattic, and click on Install Now:
You’ll get a pop-up asking if you’re sure you want to install the plugin, click Ok.
(If you already have the plugin installed, you won’t see the Install Now link, it’ll say Installed. In that case, you can proceed directly to step 5).
- On the next page, click on Activate Plugin
- Go to Plugins → Akismet or Jetpack → Akismet if you have Jetpack installed:
- If you already have an API key, click on I already have a key. If not, click on Create a New Akismet Key to get one, and come back here once you have it to finish the installation.
- Enter your API key in the text box and click Save Changes:
Now you’re done installing Akismet!